I just released lekhonee-gnome ( desktop client for Wordpress ) v0.9. You can download the source from here or look for the rpm F-12 or F-13.
This is a complete rewrite of lekhonee-gnome in Vala. So, it is not anymore a gtk frondend to the previous python based one.
Around 2 weeks back mether pointed me to Vala and I started porting lekhonee-gnome. The developers from IRC room #vala helped me a lot to learn and understand the basics of this new language and solving issues while I was working on it. Later siddesh , rakesh and paragn helped me to do the autoconf/autotool things fixed.
- By default it will open WYSIWYG editor mode , people can still edit raw HTML by clicking the “Edit HTML” button in the right hand corner.
- Added option for of extra HTML tags (HTML Tags menu) if one is editing HTML
- Save/Open blog posts in the local computer in plain xml format , so that you can edit them in any editor
- the configuration file is now a keyfile
- In the WYSIWYG editor one can do Spell check by right clicking into “Spelling and Grammar” submenu
- While editing HTML one can use Spell Check box
- There is a progress bar in the statusbar area which will give visual feedback to the user whenever it will connect to server for any task
- The “Add Category” button is disabled in this release, will come back in the next release :)
The post is brought to you by lekhonee-gnome v0.9