This Saturday evening, I sat with Unoon project after a few weeks, I was continuously running it, but, did not resume the development effort. This time Bhavin also joined me. Together, we fixed a location of the whitelist files issue, and unoon now also has a database (using SQLite), which stores all the historical process and connection information. In the future, we will provide some way to query this information.
As usual, we learned many new things about different Linux processes while doing this development. One of the important ones is about running podman process, and how the user id maps to the real system. Bhavin added a patch that fixes a previously known issue of crashing due to missing user name. Now, unoon shows the real user ID when it can not find the username in the /etc/passwd file.
You can read about Unoon more in my previous blog post.